In addition to being an author, Helen Khan is a wife, mother, grandmother, mentor, friend and an employee. But always, she wants to be someone who shines the love and light of God in dark places. But time and space limits how many hear about that Love.
Books travel to places she can never go and reach a far wider audience. With one book written, she is now working on her second novel. It takes one from brokenness to being beautifully broken, much like the Japanese art of “kintsugi”; repairing what is broken with gold.
My Recent Blogs
Shrouds Over Eden
Helen Khan weaves an allegorical narrative through societal traditions that sanction domestic abuse and inequality towards women. But the garden gives a welcomed response of unconditional love, respect and dignity.
Sonu, the narrator, takes the reader on a journey through her neighbourhood, Baraka Colony, that explains the societal mindset where violence towards women is expected and accepted behaviour.
Sonu sees her mother abused and as the terror in their home intensifies, escapes to a magical garden where the shrouds are lifted to reveal a world she has never known. It is here she meets Lamb who teaches her that women deserve respect and kindness.
Never having seen real love before, she meets unconditional love. In contrast to the tragedy of her world, her repeated escapes into the garden are a triumphal chorus of hope, encouragement and strength. Now she has a story of hope and redemption to tell, and even in death she continues her journey throughout the earth sharing that women are worthy of love and respect.
If you have ever felt disrespected or have been abused, a journey with Sonu to her garden will give you the same encouragement and strength that she received there, especially from Lamb.
My Recent Blogs
- Is There a Law Against Love?
- The Fruit of Self-Control: Something I Need
- Shrouds Over Eden: A Voice For The Broken-Hearted by Helen Khan
- The Compelling Tug of the Fruit of Gentleness
- Faithfulness’ Dependency on the Holy Spirit
- How Good is the Fruit of Goodness?
- The Fruit of Kindness by Helen Khan
- What is the Fruit of Forbearance?
- Where Peace Eludes
- The Spirit’s Fruit of Peace
- The Fruit of Joy
- The Fruit of Love by Helen Khan
- Featured Character: Mama from Shrouds Over Eden
- Is Righteous Hatred an Oxymoron? by Helen Khan
- I Can’t Even Count That High!
- Are We Created by Design or by Accident?
- Featured Character of the Month: Guddi from Shrouds Over Eden
- There Are No Mistakes! All Are Wanted
- Handcrafted or Production Line Made: Which One Are You?
- Light Dispels Darkness by Helen Khan
- A Hand in the Dark by Helen Khan
- The Valley of Darkness by Helen Khan
- Featured Character in Shrouds Over Eden: Salome by Helen Khan