Caroling Through The Psalms: For Comfort and Joy
B019B80NA8- Kindle Edition
Comfort and Joy?
Advent season is desperate for true peace and real spiritual light. These carols are singable Psalms. They offer real comfort and joy. While all of us understand the feeling of waiting on God, these musical carols are grounded in true hope and human faith.
If you enjoy Keith and Kristyn Getty’s Awaken the Dawn Songbook,or their Kid’s Hymnal, try these Psalm carols.
Teachers, pastors, ministers will appreciate their audience being able to sing a Psalm passage together before it is explained. History’s witnesses recorded their experiences in holy meditations and raw personal writings called The Psalms.
Let these Psalms raise the music in your heart. At all times, the Psalms are meant to be sung.
- Psalm 15, Still, Still, Still
- Psalm 23, Away in a Manger (Kirkpatrick or Mueller), Immortal, Invisible, &
- French Carol: Noël Nouvelet Sing We All Noel
- Psalm 27, Immortal, Invisible, I Wonder as I Wander, Away in a Manger
- Psalm 29, Angels We Have Heard on High, Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella
- Psalm 35, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, & Fr. Les Rois Mages
- Psalm 49, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, Alas! And Did My Savior Bleed
- Psalm 53, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day (Calkin & Mainzer)
- Psalm 55, Silent Night
- Psalm 61, No Room, Only a Manger of Hay. & Fr. Trois Souris
- Psalm 65, Hark! The Herald Angels Sing, & Fr. Pat-A-Pan
- Psalm 66, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
- Psalm 77, While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night & Quittez, Pasteures
- Psalm 79, O Little Town of Bethlehem, & Lullé lullé
- Psalm 80, O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- Psalm 81, We Three Kings
- Psalm 83, O Come, All Ye Faithful
- Psalm 84, Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee or I Will Sing the Wondrous Story
- Psalm 93, The First Noel
- Psalm 94, I Wonder As I Wander, Immortal, Invisible God Only Wise, or Away In A Manger (Mueller)
- Psalm 95, O, Holy Night
- Psalm 96, I Saw Three Ships Come Sailing In
- Psalm 98, The Holly and the Ivy, & Fr. Entre le bœuf et l’âne gris
- Psalm 116, Joy to the World!
- Psalm 119 Waw, Angels From the Realms of Glory
- Psalm 119 Zayin, While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night
- Psalm 129, Once in David’s Royal City
- Psalm 132, Good King Wenceslaus
- Psalm 144, Come Thou Long Expected Jesus
- Psalm 147, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen & Fr. Il Est Ne
- Psalm 149, Sing the Wondrous Love of Jesus or Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee
Carol through the Psalms as a unique Bible study this Christmas season.
Now you can sing or dramatize these psalms at any time of the year for a unique performance.
The first three of five volumes of the Davidic Psalms (Hebrew tradition) are set to the rhythm of Christian hymns of the English and American traditions. How would your faith change if you were to sing a psalm a day, evening or morning? How would your community of faith be enriched if you were to include a psalm of historical context, testimony or lament to your services?
“Psalms,” in the Hebrew means “Praises.” Let the message about the Messiah dwell richly among you, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, and singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, with gratitude in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16 (HCSB)
The phrase, “teaching and admonishing”, means there should be a place in our worship centers for historical education of the Psalms, performance, and discussion. Here, they expressly describe the wonders of God during terrifying events, illness, and betrayal, describing also God’s splendor in nature. They describe human relationships with God during life’s miracles.
Turn Psalms 1-89 into a modern Psalter, sing or recite uncensored human pleas in fear and tragedy during the odd silences of God.
Uses include praise, education, character building texts, dramatic story-telling, a performance portfolio of knock-out scripts, brain teasing memorization, meditations, and laments for liturgy & retreats.
Check Out Other Books You Might Be Interested InTry Audible Premium Plus and Get Up to Two Free Audiobooks